Belk, Inc. Merchandising Team Lead in Valdosta, Georgia
Merchandising Team Lead
Valdosta, GA, United States
Job Id#: 20275
Date published: 27-Feb-2018
Back to Job List
The Merchandising Team Lead is primarily responsible to drive store sales through the execution of in-store merchandising standards. She/he will lead the Merchandise Team with support of the OTM. The merchandise lead will partner closely with the operations, sales, and visual teams to ensure new receipts are merchandised in a way that aligns with our brand, appeals to our customer and encourages her to buy. Understanding company directives and the ability to interpret merchandise guidelines is essential to success in this role. The lead reports directly to the Operations Team Manager and serves as a key holder for the store.
• Brand Clarity: Ensure new receipts are merchandised on the sales floor following company guidelines while interpreting the directives to best align with the brand and your store architecture.
• Storytelling: Understand selling trends and merchandise departments in a way that follows company directives while also appealing to your customer’s preferences.
• Peer Lead: Lead merchandise associates to achieve and maintain merchandising excellence, discuss new product and changes to presentation.
• Organization: Perform duties such as maintaining store standards, including rotation of products, displaying merchandise properly, pricing and signing, plan-o-gram integrity, and restocking as necessary.
• Operations: Ensure execution of the markdown process to meet store compliance and sell thru goals
• Team Focus: Coordinate in gathering and moving materials, merchandise, fixtures and equipment necessary for the assigned project work. Work proactively with others to complete projects.
• Selling: Must be proficient in running the register and willing to jump in and sell during designated periods of high volume or low floor coverage.
• Attend all store meetings and training sessions as scheduled
• Maintain a neat and professional appearance in compliance with the current dress code
• Agree to work in other areas or complete assigned duties as requested
• Assist in initial training of new associates when requested and assigned
• Follow all safety and risk management guidelines and policies
• 1 Year in Merchandising and/or Visual Merchandising or comparable experience
• Ability to stand most of the work day
• Ability to climb ladders to merchandise and set high wall areas
• Ability to move merchandise on the sales floor
Operations Team Manager
Disclaimer: For reasonable accommodation information for an ADAAA qualified disability please see Belk Associate Handbook for policy and procedures.
Back to Job List