The Hughston Clinic Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) Full Time in Valdosta, Georgia
The_ Hughston Clinic, The Hughston Foundation, The Hughston Surgical Center, Hughston Clinic Orthopaedics, and Jack Hughston Memorial Hospital participate in E-Verify. This company is an equal opportunity employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or protected veteran status. This company is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor_
Position Goal:*Assist Physician’s in Clinic with patient care activities. Complete administrative duties as required. Conducts initial assessment of injury or illness in order to provide necessary or continued care. Refer to physician for definitive diagnosis and treatment.*
- Familiarity with what the physician requires/protocols for a productive clinic
- Review and maintain charts to ensure completeness/EMR guidelines w/reviewing clinicals.
- Escort patient from waiting area to triage area, ranging from those patients with full mobility to limited mobility. Constant monitoring of schedules and patient flow during clinic to ensure maximum efficiency/organization.
- Review initial vital signs evaluation to include any lab specimens.
- Remove staples, sutures, and assist with minor surgical procedures as needed
- Assist with placement, removal, and instruction of devices such as splints, immobilizers, braces, and bandages.
- Clean and sterilize equipment using approved techniques.
- Clean and stock exam rooms and change sheets on exam tables after each patient.
- Communicate restrictions and instructions to patients. Follow up calls to patients after surgery or other invasive procedure to document their progress
- Communication with outside facilities for scheduling tests or surgery to include having any necessary orders, pre-cert, or referral information ready.
- Completion of insurance, disability, and FMLA forms in a timely manner.
- Assist in administrative duties as required, to include but not limited to: collection of past due balances when scheduling surgery, check in/check out; scheduling appointments, procedures, and surgeries, pre-cert procedures, insurance verification, data entry, posting charges, and assisting secretaries.
- Care for injuries using physical therapy equipment, techniques and medication.
- Evaluate readiness to return to daily activities, coordinate clearances when necessary and warranted.
- Responsible for School Sports Outreach. Covers local area sports as directed by physician.
- Assess and report progress to physician.
- Collaborate with physician in order to develop and implement a comprehensive rehabilitation program as needed.
- Utilize effective communication skills (written and verbal) interacting with co-workers, other clinic employees, supervisors, and outside vendors.
- Promote The Hughston Clinic’s role in the community by greeting and interacting with all patients, families, visitors, vendors, and guests in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Provides support or relief for other staff as needed.
- Demonstrates confidentiality in all aspects to include both patient and non-patient issues.
- Reflect THC values and is sensitive to THC’s ethical and compliance principals in his/her daily activities.
- Promote resolution of concerns and conflict by routing through correct mechanism or resolving the situation.
- Able to prioritize daily functions/tasks
- Display a willingness to put forth effort in problem solving
- Other duties as assigned
Experience: Must be certified in good standing by the NATABOC. Currently licensed or eligible for Georgia AT License. Experience in the ATC field preferred, but previous experience is not required. Education: Must have undergraduate degree in athletic training / sports medicine from CAATE approved College or University. Master's degree in related field preferred, but not required. Special Qualifications: Must have current First Aid, AED, CPR for Professional Rescuer / Healthcare Provider certification
** Travel required
Title: Athletic Trainer Certified (ATC) Full Time
Department: Nursing, medical assisting
Location: Valdosta, GA