DaVita New Acute Dialysis Registered Nurse, Thomasville, GA in Thomasville, Georgia
DaVita is seeking a Registered Nurse who is looking to give life to patients in an Acute Hospital setting. RNs in this role work autonomously alongside the hospital staff to assess, troubleshoot, and make sound decisions for the critically ill patients.
What you can expect:
• 1:1 Patient Care. Deliver acute hemodialysis to in-patients with chronic kidney disease, as well as patients with acute kidney injury (AKI) and transplant. Average Patient to Nurse Ratio is 2:1 or 1:1.
• Patient education. Whether this is the first or a blip in their chronic treatment, our RNs are experts in educating our patients and families.
• Specialized, complex care. RNs deliver care to patients who are often dealing with multiple co-morbidities and/or acute conditions which require unique treatment plans and the ability to leverage a broad range of nursing skills and knowledge.
• Not just hemodialysis. Acute RNs may deliver nephrology care across multiple renal therapies: peritoneal, continuous renal replacement and apheresis.
• Expect the unexpected. When you walk in the door each day you don't know what patients you might have, their condition, when you will get them or when you will be done for the day.
• Autonomy in a Hospital Setting. Deliver dialysis to patients at a particular hospital or group of hospitals and become an integral part of their team and ours.
• Schedule. No two days are ever the same for an acute dialysis nurse- long days and on call are required. Schedules vary by hospital system.
• The Gold Seal. As an Ambulatory Health Care accredited provider, DaVita is following and meeting the highest standards of care, providing care in line with the highest industry standards according to The Joint Commission. We expect our nurses to commit to improving patient health through clinical goal setting and quality improvement initiatives.
You Must Have (aka. Requirements):
• Current and valid Registered Nurse (RN) license in the state where practicing
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule due to the nature of the acute treatment you are providing.
• Experience assessing, trouble shooting and making sound recommendations in stressful situations
• Physical Requirement: nurses often have to push/pull large hemodialysis machines around the hospital with little or no assistance
• Associates Degree in Nursing (A.D.N) from accredited school of nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.S.N); three-year diploma from accredited diploma program may be substituted for nursing degree
• Basic computer skills and proficiency in MS Word and Outlook
You might also have (a.k.a. preferred, not required):
• Hemodialysis nursing experience in an acute or chronic setting
• Medical/surgical (Med/Surg), Intensive Care Unit (ICU), Critical Care Unit (CCU), and/or Emergency Room (ER) experience
• Certified Nephrology Nurse (CNN), Certified Dialysis Nurse (CDN) and/or Certified Hemodialysis Nurse (CHN)
Nurses: if this isn’t the job for you, perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit. Send them this link.
Questions? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or send us a message on our DaVita Careers Facebook page.