Universal Forest Products CNC PROGRAMMER in Moultrie, Georgia
- Minimum high school education.
- Minimum 1 to 3 years of experience working with a CNC machine tool with a focus on FANUC controlled driven CNC Machine
- Working knowledge of CAD/CAM engineering software
- Basic knowledge of Cartesian coordinate graphic systems is required
- Understanding and interpretation of the various Machine Codes for FANUC controlled based CNC Machines
- Fundamental working knowledge of AutoCAD software is required
- Working knowledge of excel, word, outlook and other business software.
- Basic knowledge on lumber math, lumber grades and materials, and species.
Skills and abilities
- Demonstrates ability to handle responsibility and be accountable for actions/decisions
Ability to visualize 3-D finished work pieces from 2-D drawings
Ability to read a tape measure, read blue prints or plans, and to utilize calipers and measuring gauges in both metric and standard systems
- Ability to plan, and organize the work of others, determine priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure and stress.
- Ability to identify problems and find viable solutions
- Ability to understand and use basic math and numbers, and to use a computer terminal, calculator, and telephone.
- Proficiency in the use of the English language in reading, writing and speaking
- Ability to communicate with management regarding people, products and equipment
- Ability to multitask and pay attention to detail
- Ability to be mobile in the work environment
- Ability to pass a drug test
Ability to work hours mandated by management
Reads and analyzes job orders, prints, drawings and customer specifications.
- Works with sales and industrial specialists to insure that customer requirements are met.
- Programs the CNC Machine Router.
- Works with plant and operations employees on storage methods of raw materials.
- Prepares spoil boards for use and manages operations when they are to be changed and replaced
- Storages programming files and is responsible for file management
- Checks processed lumber to ensure operation is producing to required job specifications.
- Directs and trains other employees working on the machine, as needed
- Performs minor preventive maintenance and repairs as specified.
- Manages the productivity of the machine center.
- Identifies, researches, and resolves various problems and opportunities.
- Evaluates performance of individuals operating the equipment.
- Manages activities and performs duties consistent with all UFP policies, procedures, and applicable law.
- Communicates to employees and other management members as required.
- Manages cost and profitability of the machine center.
- Leads employees in continuous improvement and safety initiatives.
- Prepares reports and maintains records as required.
Performs other duties as required.
Determines how work pieces are to be clamped or help during machine processing cycles such as:
Spoil board and flow through vacuum hold down methods
- Dedicated fixtures
- Risers and or pods
- Determines the proper type of tool cutting bit to be used in the routing/boring/pocketing cycles
- Utilizes tools ouch probes, calibration programs, and height gages to set machine tools for tool changes and cutting processes
- Orders tooling
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled