Palm Harbor Homes Welder in Douglas, Georgia
Cavco Industries, Inc., was founded in 1965 and is a fast growing publicly traded company that is disrupting the manufactured home industry. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Cavco is a leading designer and builder of manufactured homes, modular homes, commercial buildings, park model RV’s, and vacation cabins. We produce and sell some of the most widely recognized brand names in the industry including Fleetwood Homes, Palm Harbor Homes, Fairmont Homes, Friendship Homes, Lexington Homes and Cavco Homes. The company’s insurance group, Standard Casualty, offers a wide range of insurance products for manufactured home owners and our finance subsidiary, Country Place Mortgage, offers a variety of homebuyer financing options. Our production footprint includes 20 manufactured and modular home factories across the U.S. We conduct business through more than 40 company-owned sales centers in addition to a vast network of independent retailers, community operators, builders and developers in 47 states, 6 Canadian provinces as well as Mexico and Japan.
In recognition of its innovation, quality, customer service, and long term stability, Cavco Industries was awarded the prestigious MHI Manufacturer of the Year Award for 7 consecutive years. We don’t settle for the “status quo” and continually strive for excellence.
Our employees are our biggest asset and play an integral role in meeting the needs of our customers. Come be part of a team offering many opportunities to utilize your talents in an atmosphere that supports and encourages you to realize your full potential. Come share in helping people to realize their dreams by having the opportunity to own a home!
Come share our story and be part of building something amazing!
Fleetwood Homes is looking for a safety minded Welder to work in our Douglas, GA plant. We have long-term work available for the right candidate. The primary function of the welder is to execute production tasks related to the manufacturing of modular and manufactured home frames. Applicants should have welding experience and access to reliable transportation.
What is in it for you?
- Weekly Competitive Pay
- Weekly Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (Full Time positions only)
- Opportunity for advancement
- Work inside all year round
- Being valued for what you contribute to the team
- Operates equipment in a 100% safe manner and follows all safety policies while performing job duties
- Maintains work area is kept clean and organized
- Follow appropriate regulations, policies and procedures
- Follows work orders and instructions on correct assembly of building components
- Uphold company core values
- Maintains open communication with supervisor regarding safety concerns and assembly of building components
- Meeting weekly production goals per assigned Department
- Performs various other job duties as assigned and needed
- Maintain a good attendance record
- Demonstrate a good work ethic based on principles of honesty and integrity
- Welding Experience a plus
- Strong mechanical background
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks
- Not afraid to ask questions and share ideas
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, to push, bending, standing, walking
- Skilled in the operation and control of hand tools
- Flexible to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- Work with a safety conscious outlook
- Not afraid to get dirty and handle tools/equipment on a daily basis
- Ability to be trained, take direction and learn quickly
- Ability to work in a team with others
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
Cavco Industries is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Requisition Number: 17-0124
Post Date: 3/16/2018