Palm Harbor Homes Production Supervisor in Douglas, Georgia
Cavco Industries, Inc., was founded in 1965 and is a fast growing publicly traded company that is disrupting the manufactured home industry. Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, Cavco is a leading designer and builder of manufactured homes, modular homes, commercial buildings, park model RV’s, and vacation cabins. We produce and sell some of the most widely recognized brand names in the industry including Fleetwood Homes, Palm Harbor Homes, Fairmont Homes, Friendship Homes, Chariot Eagle Homes, Lexington Homes and Cavco Homes. The company’s insurance group, Standard Casualty, offers a wide range of insurance products for manufactured home owners and our finance subsidiary, Country Place Mortgage, offers a variety of homebuyer financing options. Our production footprint includes 20 manufactured and modular home factories across the U.S. We conduct business through more than 40 company-owned sales centers in addition to a vast network of independent retailers, community operators, builders and developers in 47 states, 6 Canadian provinces as well as Mexico and Japan.
In recognition of its innovation, quality, customer service, and long term stability, Cavco Industries was awarded the prestigious MHI Manufacturer of the Year Award for 7 consecutive years. We don’t settle for “status quo” and continually strive for excellence.
Our employees are our biggest asset and play an integral role in meeting the needs of our customers. Come be part of a team offering many opportunities to utilize your talents in an atmosphere that supports and encourages you to realize your full potential.
We are currently looking for a Production Supervisor for our manufacturing facility in Douglas, GA.
The Production Supervisor leads a team, manages and meets daily production goals and looks for ways to continually improve processes. Duties include safety, quality, customer service, housekeeping, training, performance management, plant productivity, labor utilization, warehousing, and control of raw materials.
Come share our story and be part of building something amazing!
What Is In It For You?
- Being valued for what you contribute
- Competitive wages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k
- Paid Holiday and Vacation
- Training & Development
- Opportunity for Growth
- Managing 15 – 20 associates on the production line
- Maintain employee training standards giving employees direction to build homes and their components in a safe and efficient manner
- Responsible for plant safety and maintaining safe working conditions at all times
- Interprets and clarifies rules, regulations, and policies. Maintains plant compliance
- Manages personnel in a professional manner, treats all employees with honesty, respect and dignity
- Monitor material usage to reduce scrap and improve material usage
- Maintains proper records, reports and correspondence as required by the company
- Ensures that employees have proper tools and equipment to perform their duties
- Demonstrate a good work ethic based on principles of honesty and integrity
- Ensure and enforce expected product workmanship quality
- Experience working in the manufactured home industry as a supervisor or department lead in a similar setting
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Proven experience as a hands on manager with strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to communicate effectively with all employees and management
- Time management skills to ensure we stay on task to meet production goals
- Strong leadership skills and teamwork orientation
- Excellent problem solving skills
- The ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
Cavco Industries is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or any other protected status with respect to recruitment, hiring, promotion and other terms and conditions of employment. Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Requisition Number: 18-0038
Title: Production Supervisor
Post Date: 3/16/2018